Media Page for @LaptopLaura
Scroll Down to See:
Speaker Trailer | Podcasts | Speaking
Publications | Books | Bio | Social Media Handles
Core Values & Testimonials | Interview 1-Sheeter | Images & Logos
HOST & CREATOR:
- Copy That Pops (since 2016)
- Die Hard Die-Hard Trivia Fan Podcast (since 2021)
- Sounds of Evren (coming in 2023)
- Hangin' with the Hawks (coming in 2023)
- 06/30/15 - EP 033: IMA Leader with Dominick Sirianni
- 09/18/15 - EP 043: Empowered Lab with Kristin Slice
- 02/19/16 - EP 068: IMA Leader with Dominick Sirianni
- 05/05/16 - EP 024: Addiction Support Podcast Melissa Sue Tucker
- 07/23/16 - EP 148: Life Hackz Show with Marcus Meurer
- 08/16/16 - EP 021: Inspired by Imua (co-hosted) with Meghan Alonso
- 10/17/16 - EP 092: Roman Castro Vlog with Roman Castro
- 10/26/16 - EP 408: 12 Minute Convos with Engel Jones
- 11/24/16 - EP 063: Angles of Latitude with J.C. Preston
- 12/04/16 - EP 008: Drop and Give Me 20 with Lindsey Germono
- 12/07/16 - EP 027: Letsplore with Adrian Aguilar
- 12/09/16 - EP 014: Entrepreneurs in Motion with Shayna Oliveria
- 12/22/16 - EP 193: Live to Grind with Brandon T. Adams
- 02/22/17 - EP 199: 360 Entrepreneur with Yann Ilunga
- 02/27/17 - Starve the Doubts with Jared Easley of Podcast Movement
- 03/01/17 - EP 036: Texas Real Estate Bible Podcast Kevin & Karen Scott
- 05/09/17 - EP 051: Internet Ballers with Michael Pasha
- 05/19/17 - EP 042: Dorm Rooms to Conference Rooms Sabah Ali & Dan Tieman
- 06/20/17 - EP 047: The eStore Coaching Podcast with Jason Chan
- 07/02/17 - Expert Interviews Live with Michael Griffiths
- 07/28/17 - EP 021: Blogger to Author with Dr. Beth Brombosz
- 08/23/17 - What's the Word on Blog Talk Radio with Cheval John
- 09/11/17 - EP 519: Natural Born Coaches with Marc
- 04/15/20 - EP 419: Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn
- 06/25/20 - Tea with Gary Vee segment with Gary Vaynerchuk
- 04/12/23 - EP 000: Niche Marketing Podcast with John Bertino
2006-2011 - Honors Algebra and AP Psychology (Hamilton High School)
2011-2015 - SAT Prep (Math, Reading, and Writing) while co-owner of a tutoring and test prep company
2008-2016 - Introduction to Psychology and Abnormal Psychology (Rio Salado Community College)
06/2016 - DNX Digital Nomad Retreat - Lemnos, Greece
02/2017 - Podcast Cruise - En route - Florida to Mexico
03/2017 - Stegela Success Mastery - San Diego
05/2017 - Student-Tutor Teenage Digital Age Mastermind
08/2017 - Podcast Movement, Virtual
09/2017 - Podcast Success Summit, Virtual
10/2017 - Online Course Success Summit, Virtual
12/2017 - In the Trenches MBA, Virtual
12/2017 - Biz BFF Summit, Virtual
01/2018 - Ultimate Stage Experience, San Diego
02/2018 - Massive Success Breakthrough, San Diego
05/2018 - Women in Technology, San Diego
07/2018 - Podcast Movement, Philadelphia
09/2018 - DNX Festival in Lisbon, Portugal
10/2018 - We Are Podcast in Brisbane, Australia
02/2019 - Online Course Success Summit, Virtual
03/2019 - Podfest in Orlando, Florida
03/2019 - Social Media Marketing World in San Diego (Emcee in breakout room)
03/2019 - Thinkific's Book to Course Expert Talks, Virtual
05/2019 - San Diego Startup Week at the San Diego Convention Center
10/2021 - She Podcasts Live in Scottsdale, Arizona
03/2022 - Social Media Marketing World in San Diego (Emcee in breakout room)
05/2023 - Veecon 2023, Community Stage
FEATURES / MENTIONS:
• Huffington Post
• Internet Marketing Association
• Iowa State Daily
• MSNBC's American Express OPEN - T.V. segment
• PB Monthly (May 2018) - print only
• Podcast Websites
• SD Voyager Magazine
• Thrive Global: 3 Tips for a Highly Motivated Life
• Word Symmetry
• Accelerant Magazine Summer 2017 (author & cover photographer)
• Accelerant Magazine Fall 2017 (author)
• Influencive (author)
• Internet Marketing Association (author)
• Thought Leader Magazine (author) - print only
• Thrive Global (author)
• Copywriting for Podcasters (#1 bestselling book in Amazon's "Podcasts & Webcasts" in U.S. & Canada during launch)
• Permission to Write a Brand Building Book for Podcasters (#1 bestselling book in 4 categories in the U.S. and 1 in the U.K. during launch)
• A children's series under a secret pen name -- shhhhh! 🙂
• Duck Buddies: The Secret Clubhouse (children's picture book publishing September 20, 2023)
• Laura has ghostwritten books for 8-figure business owners, 2 Comma Club winners, military officers, political candidates, and more. But exactly who? Her lips are sealed.
• Prime the Pipeline Project (P3): Putting Knowledge to Work by Dr. Carole Greenes
• Food Heals: Physical, Emotional & Spiritual Stories to Nourish Your Soul and Transform Your Health by Allison Melody
• From the Depths: A Journey from Addiction, Abuse, and Homelessness to Positively Impacting the World by Jimmy Colson
• And many more uncredited.
@LaptopLaura is an author, ghostwriter, writing coach, Amazon book launch strategist, and content marketing consultant. She started as an English major at UCLA but quickly fell in love with psychology. Laura graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Psychology and a minor in German.
At 21, Laura read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and found a new life calling: to build businesses and invest so that she could live and work anywhere in the world. She has since traveled to over 44 countries, spoken on stage on three different continents, and has been interviewed on over 100 podcasts about writing, podcasting, and being a digital nomad.
As a ghostwriter, Laura has written books for 8-figure entrepreneurs, 2 Comma Club winners, and military leaders with top-level security clearances. She has also ghostwritten blog articles, email marketing campaigns, social media content, and ad copy for every type of business you can think of--from marketing agencies to restaurants to commercial solar conglomerates to personal branding influencers--and more.
Laura has contributed to or been mentioned in publications such as Huffington Post, Influencive, Thrive Global, Accelerant Magazine, Thought Leader Magazine, Iowa State Daily, PB Monthly, and the Internet Marketing Association’s blog and podcast–to name a few.
• Earned a Masters in Secondary Education.
• Taught Honors Algebra 2, AP Psychology, and SAT Prep (high school) and Intro. to Psychology and Abnormal Psychology (community college) before becoming an entrepreneur.
• Launched the Copy That Pops podcast and published her first book in 2016.
• Is a super-connector who loves to help others learn and grow to heights they didn't think were possible.
• Has flown in zero gravity (and loved every second of it).
• Lived abroad in Germany for a year--twice.
• Lived with host families while learning Spanish in San Juan, Costa Rica; Guadalajara, Mexico; and Playa del Carmen, Mexico.
• Loves GaryVee and VeeFriends.
• Adamantly believes Die Hard 1 is the best Christmas movie of all time.
• Lives in Southern California with her family and 10-pound min pin-chihuahua.
Social Media Handles
• Facebook personal: @Laurap23 --- facebook.com/Laurap23
• Facebook biz: @LaptopLaura --- facebook.com/LaptopLaura
• Twitter: @LaptopLaura --- twitter.com/LaptopLaura
• Instagram: @LaptopLaura --- instagram.com/LaptopLaura
• LinkedIn: @LauraPetersen --- linkedin.com/in/laurapetersen
Core Values & Testimonials
• Connection • Fun & Humor
• Honesty • Empathy
• Exploration • Freedom
• Communication • Teaching & Learning
• Organization • #TeamOxfordComma
Here is a page with just a small sampling of testimonials about how Laura has helped students, clients, and colleagues.