Writing for Business
Write to attract, educate, and connect with your ideal audience. Don't forget the SEO optimization too!Copy
Best advice for compelling writing online. Forget what you were taught in school when writing for business!Ghostwriting
Successful business owners, influencers, and celebrities would love to hire you to write for them.Meet Laura
Laura (@LaptopLaura) is an author, ghostwriter, writing coach, Amazon book launch strategist, and content marketing consultant. After starting as an English major at UCLA, she quickly fell in love with psychology and graduated magna cum laude with a BA in Psychology and a minor in German.
In 2016, Laura founded Copy That Pops, launched the podcast to help others with writing for business, and published her first book. Following a fun launch hitting #1 in Podcasts & Webcasts on Amazon, others started reaching out for help with their books too. As a coach and teacher, Laura has helped hundreds of people to write and self-publish bestselling books in their categories on Amazon.
As a ghostwriter, Laura has written books for 8-figure entrepreneurs, 2 Comma Club winners, and military leaders with top-level security clearances. She has also ghostwritten blog articles, email marketing campaigns, social media content, and ad copy for every type of business–from marketing agencies to restaurants to commercial solar conglomerates to personal branding influencers and more.
After working hard to overcome a fear of public speaking, Laura has taught and presented on stage around the US, in Europe, and in Australia. She's emceed at Social Media Marketing World and spoken about writing, podcasting, Psychology, digital nomading, and content creation strategy at events including Veecon, Podcast Movement, We Are Podcast, San Diego Startup Week, Podcast Cruise, DNX, PodFest, and She Podcasts.
Laura believes that writing can help business owners, coaches, consultants, speakers, authors, podcasters, and industry leaders grow, connect, earn, share, learn--all the things. Communication is the key to everything you want.
5 Fun Facts:
1. After living a year abroad in Germany where she learned to dance Salsa, Laura read Rich Dad Poor Dad and decided she wanted to live and work from anywhere in the world.
2. She's traveled to over 44 countries, spoken on stage on three different continents, and been interviewed on over 100 podcasts about writing, podcasting, and being a digital nomad.
3. Laura emceed a room at Social Media Marketing World in San Diego twice and spoke on the community stage at Veecon 2023.
4. She believes that Die Hard is the best Christmas movie of all time.
5. Laura loves GaryVee and is firmly on #TeamOxfordComma.