Sword fighting, Peace Corp serving, apple pie with cheddar cheese-loving business owner Ray Blakney stops by to share with us how he’s grown the largest language learning online school in the world that hasn’t raised venture capital.
Whatever content you have — a blog, a book, a podcast, a website, a YouTube channel, or a combination of them — Ray’s 4 proven steps will get you from crickets to consistent growth of your brand, business relationships, and revenue.
A Few Highlights from This Podcast:
– Starts first business as a language school in Mexico with wife (who used to be his Spanish teacher)…but then swine flu hits…and it forces them to go online, which leads to huge growth (got over 4 million visits in 2019)
– Shares a lot of personal information on your site and podcast questions…why? Psychologically what is the reason?
– Tips for coming up with a name for your business
– 4 steps for his proven content amplification process
2) Create great content
3) Amplify on social media
4) Ranking and linkbacks
5) Bonus step! (Listen to find out what it is!)
– Resources named: Buffer.com, Hootsuite, UberSuggest, and Ahrefs.com
– Advice on writing emails that get people to agree to link back to your content
– What’s a realistic timeframe for all this to work and snowball? The answer may surprise you.
– And be sure to book a free, no pressure call or jump on a live training to get help implementing what you learned. This is so valuable!
Ray Blakney is an award-winning Filipino-American entrepreneur who has over a decade of experience building (bootstrapping) and operating 6 and 7-figure online businesses.
He and his businesses have been featured in magazines such as Entrepreneur, Forbes, The Boston Globe, and other top publications.
In his free time, Ray is a part-time sword fighter.
Anomalous Educator Podcast
- “Bookstores are making a comeback in the United States, those little niche corner shops where you used to go and read books…The big ones are going bankrupt. People want that personalized thing where you can go in and you know the seller or the seller knows you.” – Ray Blakney
- “No one cares about the name of your business. They care about the results you’re going to get for them or how you’re going to make them feel in doing the interaction. So focus more on that and less on the name.” – Laura Petersen
- “You really need to know yourself first and then write content around that.” -Ray Blakney
- “Even if you sell 20 copies [of your book] to 20 people who really need it, you did something good. And you never know where those relationships could go; it can just completely snowball in a way you can’t anticipate.” – Laura Petersen
- “Build your business around the customers you want to have.” – Ray Blakney
- “Too many people right now are writing teen vampire trilogy novels — because they are trying to please everybody.” – Ray Blakney
- “Great pieces of content can be repurposed in so many ways.” – Ray Blakney
- “If you go to a full-page full of text, people will just stop reading.” – Ray Blakney
Take Action Now!
- Amazon Bestselling Book Workshop + Resources [free]
- Bestselling Book Accelerator [best option to get your book done, live, and #1!]
- Speaker’s Secret Gig List [get more speaking gigs]
Host: Laura Petersen
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found! 💕
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.