Is communicating your message on stage one of your goals or dreams? Then this week’s guest has amazing tips just for you! She’s a seasoned speaker and speaking coach who is passionate about helping all people find their stories and tell them in an impactful way.
We talk about:
– How did Johanna get into speaking? (Hint: She used to be super shy and thought “men are smart and women are not…I am a female, so I must not have anything of value to say”)
– Is it possible to learn to have presence and charisma on stage?
– Johanna’s experience studying abroad in Italy.
– Tips for getting speaking engagements
– Why you need to let YOURSELF know you are a speaker
– Discovered she needed to speak for all women…and all people…to liberate all of us.
– What’s your “genie gem”?
– Ignite Your Speaking Power (mini-training) free! JohannaWalker.com/copythatpops
Johanna Walker is the fear-blasting, storytelling maven for coaches, consultants, leaders, and change-makers. She’s the founder of Women Who Speak, a transformational speaker coaching program for female leaders, and she’s the co-founder and co-host of Boulder, Colorado’s popular bi-monthly story slam series, Truth Be Told.
In addition to her work as a speaker and coach, Johanna has written and performed solo theater pieces that she’s toured throughout the US and Canada.
She holds an M.Ed. from Kent State University, an MFA from Naropa University, and is a certified WholeSpeak Public Speaking Coach.
- “My story was about my story of silence and experience of not speaking.” – Johanna Walker
- “I could feel my voice connect with the people in the room.” – Johanna Walker
- “This is a part of a bigger story…of women…of women in speaking.” – Johanna Walker
- “‘You rarely meet a woman who’s as smart as her husband.’ – I bought into that story.” – Johanna Walker
- “I really found my voice through creativity.” – Johanna Walker
- “On stage, I had permission to speak…something about that opened the door for me to take up space, speak my truth, and tell my story.” – Johanna Walker
- “Start identifying as a speaker.” – Johanna Walker
- “It takes networking and pitching, and networking and pitching, and networking and pitching [to get speaking opportunities].” – Johanna Walker
- “Presence is ‘I’m showing up fully.'” – Johanna Walker
- “Go forth and speak.” – Johanna Walker
- “If you feel the call, I say answer it. Answer it in spite of whatever story you are telling yourself or despite whatever fear you might be feeling.” – Johanna Walker
Take Action Now!
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found! 💕
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂