What started off as naked podcasting turned into an amazing conversation with a bestselling comedian author named Amy Lyle.
Amy shares tips about book categories, formatting your book and why she does photoshoots with llamas, an episode you don’t want to miss.
We talk about:
– Photoshoots with alpacas and llamas
– Embrace failures and how it helps you psychologically
– Advice to people who want to write a book but afraid of putting themselves out there
– Advice to people on the formatting and the story behind it
– Scrivener and content editor: Get it for Mac or PC
– Top tips for marketing your self-published book
– Picking categories for your book
– ABSR: Amazon Best Seller Rank
– Amazon Marketing Services
– Watch video of our conversation
Get her books!
– The Amy Binegar-Kimmes-Lyle Book of Failures: A funny memoir of missteps, inadequacies and faux pas
– We’re All A Mess, It’s OK: A collection of funny essays and one-liners about the struggles of everyday life
Amy cares all about your failures and not afraid to exploit you in her books.
Amy Lyle wrote a funny memoir about her failures and it’s been an Amazon bestseller for over a year. The Book Of Failures has opened all sorts of fun opportunities for her, such a regular spot on Atlanta’s popular morning show, a Points North magazine cover and lots of interviews including NPR’s On Second Thought. Amy’s second book, The Book Of Failures, Friend’s Edition has also hit bestseller.
Amy’s Highlights & Fun Facts
- Obsessed with comedians
- Has self-diagnosed herself with conditions
- Has published 2 books
- “If you have a certain volume (of books) coming in the haters will find you.” – Amy Lyle
- “As you start getting momentum more things start packing on and stuff you couldn’t have even planned.” – Laura Petersen
- “Before you write a book you need to see if there is a market for your book.” – Amy Lyle
- “Just start going, just start pushing that forward and it just starts opening up doors that you didn’t even know were there.” – Laura Petersen
- “The most important thing for hitting number 1 in your category if picking your category.” – Laura Petersen
- “Press! You have to be searchable.” – Amy Lyle
- “You don’t have to sell hundreds of books a day to be in the top ten. You have to sell a few books every day. Be consistent.” – Amy Lyle
Prefer to WATCH This Episode?
We may or may not get naked.
Take Action Now!
Host: Laura Petersen
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found! 💕
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.