Positioning yourself in your niche as an expert…how can we do that best?
My lead domino is with a book.
But, our guest today loves social media most of all! And she told me before we officially started recording:
“Linkedin is a gold mine for copywriters because it’s all about the copy!”
You don’t have to be a pro copywriter to leverage it though…you just have to listen to this podcast! 😜 Next-level marketing and business strategy is what our guest Estie Rand is all about…and she really dishes on LinkedIn and more!
We talk about:
– How to cultivate “word of mouth” referrals and paying business
– What ‘trigger word’ can you give your network so you get lots of ‘right’ clients?
– How to use (small and free) speaking gigs to grow your business [there’s a way to speak to generate business] – ACTUALLY add value in your talk and still land clients
– Tactical tips to adjust your writing slightly to make people feel more connected to you (truthful marketing that also taps into human psychology)
– Neuro-linguistic programming tips (NLP)
– How to create and launch branding strategy and marketing campaigns
– Funny story of how Laura met her husband [Hint: she didn’t have to go far] – Why to not worry about ‘competition’
– What is “core marketing” (listen for the flower analogy! plus 3 small business examples to demonstrate)
– [25 minutes in] LinkedIn best practices
– Tools: LinkedHelper, Meet Leonard, Nimble, and low-cost VAs to help!
– Ways to cultivate your audience on LinkedIn
– A secret trick that Estie just discovered! (Find a great connection who’s doing it great, do a search for that person’s connections that are your 2nd and 3rd tier, then connect away!)
– Taking branding and positioning to the next level!
– Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
– 5 Tiers of Sales: 1. Attention, 2. Interest, 3. Evaluation, 4. Negotiation, 5. Decision
– Check out Josh Vector for more LinkedIn and Facebook hack
Freebie from Estie
– includes 139++ marketing ideas for any budget!
Estie Rand is on a mission to empower everyone who has a business dream to professionalize it and make it profitable.
The founder and owner of Strand Consulting, a full-service consulting firm for small business owners, Estie also hosts the Business Breakthrough podcast, making business success relatable and achievable for everyone.
- Built a six-figure business in 2 years with $0 spent on advertising
- Mom of five coaching multi-millionaire business owners
- Former CIO of a multi-national nonprofit
- Host of the Business Breakthrough podcast, where they humanize business
- Created Business 101 HS incubator & course, teaching business sense to teens
- “Don’t be boring.” – Estie Rand
- “LinkedIn is a gold mine for copywriters because it’s all about the copy!” – Estie Rand
- “You can cultivate word of mouth.” – Estie Rand
- “Be really focused in your pitch. Make sure people in your network know who to send your way and for what. And find the ‘hook’ even if you do a lot of things.” – Estie Rand
- “There’s a way to speak to generate business.” – Estie Rand
- “When you hear me speak, it’s like drinking water from a fire hose…you walk away with immediate value but you are also like ‘there is a lot there and there is more than can help me.'” – Estie Rand
- “Sell more things to the same people.” – Estie Rand
- “I will always, always whenever possible, mirror the WAY people wrote me their email…because that mirroring psychologically, they start to feel more connected to me.” – Estie Rand
- “Honesty is communicating real truth, not the details of something.” – Estie Rand
- “Always try to use their words or a synonym…I’ll say it the way you want to say it.” – Estie Rand
- “Politics aside, this is just human nature. We like people that feel like us.” – Estie Rand
- “At the end of the day, all business is built on trust.” – Estie Rand
- “LinkedIn’s giving me real money!” – Estie Rand
- “Post something every day for a month, just to get a start for what the audience is listening to.” – Estie Rand
- “LinkedIn’s more like Facebook where if you connect to someone, they’re connected back to you. They’re automatically your follower.” – Estie Rand
- “Right now is a ‘Golden Zone’ [in LinkedIn]!” – Estie Rand
- “Marketing is all psychology.” – Estie Rand
- “This is classic Dale Carnegie: the sweetest sound in any language to any person is their own name. Always, always, whenever you can, use their name.” – Estie Rand
- “If you are not the customer, you’re the product.” – Estie Rand
- “Be interesting enough in the first three lines that people want to read more.” – Estie Rand
- “Recraft your blog post for LinkedIn…give value…and then put a link in the comments to see the full post if they want to read more.” – Estie Rand
Take Action Now!
- TRAINING on hitting Amazon bestseller [free]
- COMMUNITY of new and growing nonfiction authors! [free]
- GROUP COURSE: How to write a great book & hit bestseller! [not free ;)]
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found! 💕
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂