What can a mindset coach to professional athletes teach us about business?
Turns out…a lot!
Today we sit down with Dr. Bhrett McCabe to learn tactical lessons to make networking, authority positioning, confidence, and self-publishing work in our favor as we become more powerful communicators and the leaders we aspire to be in our fields.
A Few Highlights and Mentions:
– Build Your Network podcast with Travis Chappell in Episode 121
– How Bhrett struggled in baseball
– From a business major on the path to becoming a lawyer to becoming a clinical psychologist
– Why do medical professionals wear white coats? (Hint: signs of authority and presence)
– Why Bhrett decided to write a book.
– Champ vs. Chump
– Fascinating stories from Bhrett’s podcast.
– How do you communicate authority without coming off like a jerk?
– What is the key to happiness? Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs? Nah…all humans just need these three things (accomplishment, stability, social acceptance)
– Winning the 101st wrestling competition (great story)
– Is competitiveness a good thing for business?
– Top Dog (book) by Ashley Merryman and Po Bronson
– Story of Noah Galloway a soldier, double amputee, and Dancing with the Stars favorite (video clip)
– Book advice for first-time authors
– Why Bhrett likes self-publishing but does it so it looks like a traditionally published book
– Why NOT to use bright white paper for your book.
– Bhrett’s “sexy” alter-ego (sans ‘h’) 😉
– Episode 107 “Your One Word” quick copy tip
– The Game Plan: Managing Your Champ & Chump (The MindSide Manifesto Companion Series)
– The MindSide Manifesto: The Urgency to Create a Competitive Mindset
Dr. Bhrett McCabe is the founder of The MindSide and a Licensed Clinical Psychologist holding a Ph.D. degree in clinical psychology from Louisiana State University (LSU), with an emphasis in behavioral medicine having completed his internship at Brown University in Providence, RI.
While an undergraduate at LSU, Dr. McCabe was a 4-year letterman on the baseball team and was a member of 2 National Championship teams, 3 SEC championship teams, and 3 College World Series teams.
Dr. McCabe is a practicing Sports & Performance Psychologist who works with numerous athletes from the PGA and LPGA Tours, NFL, NBA, MMA, and serves as the sports and performance psychologist for the University of Alabama Athletic Department. Dr. McCabe has recently authored The MindSide Manifesto: The Urgency to Create a Competitive Mindset in order to help athletes, coaches, and leaders compete to the best of their ability.
Dr. McCabe has published several academic journal articles, presented numerous scientific presentations, as well as provided insight and authored articles for trade magazines such as GOLF Magazine, Golf World, Golf Week, and ESPNW, among others. Dr. McCabe has also made several appearances on The Golf Channel’s Morning Drive and The Golf Fix.
Great Quotes from the Podcast Episode
- “You sometimes have to listen to the universe and know when something’s not speaking to you.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “This mental stuff is really powerful and we aren’t tapping into it.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “Be confident in your answer.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “You have to learn how to communicate.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “The most brilliant people connect humans, regardless of how they speak.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “If I can give my instructions to an 8-year-old or a 15-year-old, and they can understand it — wonderful!” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “Everybody has a story.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “We can learn so much by listening to and being connected to others.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “Mediocrity — the statistical average — has a lot of people that want you to stay there.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “Everyone has a cell phone that creates their own media company today.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “I love self-publishing because I like having control of everything that I do.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
- “Don’t be embarrassed about promoting your own work.” – Dr. Bhrett McCabe
Take Action Now!
- Free TRAINING on Hitting Amazon Bestseller!
- Free COMMUNITY to Collab with as you Write Your Bestseller!
- Email me for info on my new INNER CIRCLE (Laura@CopyThatPops.com)
Guest: Bhrett McCabe
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂