Think of your story like a Hollywood movie. In writing, podcasting, video, and more — we need to communicate our ideas in a way that draws people in.
Our guest Jeremy Enns, a story addict and a podcast-aholic, breaks down tangible advice for more connection, influence, and growth by utilizing stories.https:
A Few Highlights and Mentions:
– Laura’s “Print Your Own Shirt” story about growing up in Orange County under the oppression of the Senior Princesses + lessons learned about life and business
– We all have been a “Senior Princess,” “Senior Queen,” and an “Invisible” — what can we learn from this?
– [8:30] Meet our guest, Jeremy Enns!
– When did Jeremy get interested in audio?
– What Hollywood Can Teach Us About Podcasting: A Star Wars Story
– How our guest Jeremy is a story addict and a podcast-aholic
– Advice to craft stories to get more engagement on all that you write and create.
– Hole in My Life book — what the author learned in jail about stories that are compelling
– How to improve your website copy with giving pieces of the story, bit by bit.
– Use cliffhangers in a story to make people want more from you!
– Why did Jeremy start a podcast? (Fun fact: He created the first and only ice cream podcast)
– HI Japan podcast — it’s live, yes!
– Why should you start a group around what you do? Here’s Jeremy’s great podcaster group started in May 2017.
– Why to put yourself in the middle of something — being a leader.
– Join my local Connecting SD group for entrepreneurs here in San Diego
Jeremy Enns is the Storyteller In Chief of Ascetic Productions, a podcast consulting and production company that believes that our personal and business stories really do have the power to change the world.https:
He is the co-creator of the world’s first and only ice cream podcast, and will always look back on the day he finally saved up enough money to buy the Millennium Falcon Lego set as one of his proudest life achievements.https:
Ascetic Productions is a podcast consulting and production company that is obsessed with crafting great stories.https:
Whether that’s for international companies like Salesforce and Hosteling International, or creative business solopreneurs hustling non-stop to grow their small businesses, AP believes that we all have a story to share, and that by sharing these stories we can truly and authentically connect with our audiences, and make the world just a little bit better, one sound wave at a time.https:
Great Quotes from the Podcast Episode
- “There is no limit except for what is inside of your own head.” – Laura Petersen
- “Sometimes I even forget the power of telling stories instead of trying to teach facts in a list.” – Laura Petersen
- “Even interview podcasts based around business topics find ways to bring story into their podcasts as a way to keep listeners hooked.” – Jeremy Enns
- “The podcasts that I really gravitate to are the ones who do a fantastic job storytelling.” – Jeremy Enns
- “Most of us don’t think we have any stories. And really, it’s often the mundane things that people can connect to because we’ve all had similar experiences.” – Jeremy Enns
- “It’s often identifying those moments that were somehow transformational for you, big or small.” – Jeremy Enns
- “One of the biggest things you can do to help bring your story to life is to really vividly depict the scene and making people feel like they are really there.” – Jeremy Enns
- “No matter how boring you might think your life is, there are points that will stick out for you.” – Jeremy Enns
- “You still need the person to connect with you emotionally in some way before they are even open to hearing the logical side of things.” – Laura Petersen
- “Community building is a powerful thing.” – Jeremy Enns
Take Action Now!
- Free TRAINING on Hitting Amazon Bestseller!
- Free COMMUNITY to Collab with as you Write Your Bestseller!
- The BESTSELLERATOR to Hit Amazon Bestseller!
- Email me for info on my new INNER CIRCLE (Laura@CopyThatPops.com)
Guest: Jeremy Enns
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂