Last episode of the year! Are you ready to negotiate??
Get ready to nerd out with some psychology and persuasion tips and tricks! It’s the best way to end 2017 and get ready for success in the new year!
A few exciting highlights include:
– What is “the norm of reciprocity” and how can we apply it to get what we want?
– What is Confirmation Bias? (Once you know, you’ll ‘see’ it everywhere!)
– What is the Fundamental Attribution Error and how does it make us and others make big mistakes in judgment?
– The best way to persuade others is to…
– Positive thinking and the Halo effect. How can we leverage these?
– How can you tell if others are bluffing?
– Find out how you can kill a negotiation!
[So you can avoid those pitfalls].
– Advice for creating a persuasive personal brand.
– Humble brag of my meeting Dr. Philip Zimbardo (twice!) with a pic to prove it. 🙂 [see right/above]
Take Action Now!
- The Ultimate Negotiation Guide — This includes (1) Negotiation Preparation Guide, (2) Salary Negotiation Guide, and (3) Conflict Resolution Guide.
- Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best Selling Book now!
- Ready to write your own best selling book? Learn more here.
Kwame Christian Esq., M.A. is a business lawyer and the Director of the American Negotiation Institute. In this role, he serves as a negotiation consultant for attorneys and for companies closing large business deals. He also conducts live training sessions for organizations.
Kwame also hosts the podcast Negotiate Anything where he interviews successful entrepreneurs and shares powerful persuasion techniques. With over 110,000 downloads and listeners in 140 countries, it is the top ranked negotiation and dispute resolution podcast in the nation.
- “I recognized at an early age that what I had to negotiate was acceptance and friendship.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “I learned early to focus on the needs of others.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “You need to be interested rather than interesting; that’s the foundation of it all.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “When it comes to effective communication, the person who is speaking the least is the person controlling the conversation.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “You can’t persuade anybody of anything; they need to persuade themselves.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “If you ask the right questions, you can get somebody to expose the gaps in their knowledge and they are essentially going to persuade themselves.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “There is no beginning and end to the negotiation; you’re constantly positioning yourself.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “Authority is persuasive.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
- “People will believe you until you give them a reason not to.” – Kwame Christian Esq., M.A.
Links to Mentions in This Psychology Podcast Episode:
- Podcast Movement
- The Norm of Reciprocity
- Confirmation Bias
- Fundamental Attribution Bias
- Stanford Prison Experiment (lead by Dr. Zimbardo)
- Milgram’s Shock Experiment
- Kwame’s TED Talk
- Stereotype Threat
- Pre-Suasion (incredible book on the psychology of persuasion)
- Negotiate Anything podcast (Kwame’s show)
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂