Education and Entrepreneurs…a Love Story.
This week I was able to combine my two favorites for the interview!
We dive into how to make your course more effective, finding your purpose with three men and a beer (wait what?) and thinking like an adult learner.
A few exciting highlights include:
– Why was I in L.A. last weekend???
– What is the campfire effect and how does it apply to your online course?
– Course completion rates are about 3-5% for entrepreneurs’ online courses. How can Dr. Carrie help you get to 90%?
– Hear about how a traumatic experience in Dr. Carrie’s youth and resulting selective mutism plus dyslexia lead to a significant set back in school. Then, what made the difference in 5th grade that lead to her achieving the highest test scores?
– What led to Dr. Carrie’s passion for education?
– How did three men in a bar change the course of Carrie’s life (to all our benefits)?
– What are 4 tangible ways to improve your course effectiveness for students? Hints…
2. Thinking Differently
3. Length of Time
4. Choose Your Own Adventure (+ the Likert Scale)
– How the Course Success Summit can help you if you have an idea for a course (and want to know how to create it best) or a course already (and want to know how to sell it more effectively!). Go here now: copythatpops.com/CourseSummit
– November 10th/11th, 2017 — MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Listen to the 53:00 minute mark to hear why! 🙂
Take Action Now!
- Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best Selling Book now
- Course Summit: CopyThatPops.com/CourseSummit
40+ World-Changing Entrepreneurs Reveal How to Create, Market & Sell Your Online Course AND Use It to Build A Business.
- October 18-29th
$997…but free with link above!
- The recordings for each session will be available for 3 days following the session.
- Watch it anytime at your convenience during those 3 days, or you can purchase to get access to the interviews & bonus material forever.
- FREE TICKET!
Although Most conferences cost thousands of dollars, I’m gifting you a FREE ticket because we know how valuable the material is. But you must take the first step and claim your ticket.Each presentation will stream free for just 3 DAYS, and then it will be locked up in the Online Course Success Summit Vault.
- HACK YOUR LEARNING CURVE:
Discover Years of TOP Business Knowledge, Experience, and Building Strategies directly from people who’ve done it. Most people spend years trying to “figure it out”- Why waste time experimenting when you can learn directly from people who’ve down exactly what you want to do?…..straight from the source.
The speakers we’ve hand-selected will empower you by teaching you what really works…. so you can create, market, and sell your first online course – and use it to grow a business.
- ACTION-STEP PACKED PRESENTATIONS:
Presentations with TOP creators & entrepreneurs.No Boring Talking Heads You get to see the expert speakers and we have a real, raw, authentic conversations about in depth topics, powerful takeaways, and actionable advice so you can build your business.
- FREE TICKET!
Dr. Carrie Rose is an Educator, Entrepreneur, Marketing Influencer, and Keynote Speaker, notably one of Huffington Posts Must Follow Women Entrepreneurs in 2017.
She holds an Ed.D in Educational Leadership from the University of Central Florida, wrote her doctoral dissertation on Professional Development, and is best known for her innovative teaching strategies & methodology, her current research is in course completion rates & connecting online course development with The Science of Learning.
Her methods have been shared with Neal’s Yard Remedies, The National Main Street Organization, JetBlue and more.
Currently, she works with entrepreneurs, online marketers, and businesses around the country to provide the highest quality of learning strategies with the greatest amount of impact on a variety of different platforms.
“I believe everyone should be given fair opportunities and the tools to build a life worth living.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “I build courses but I do it with a twist.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “We tend to perpetuate old habits.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “We tend to do things over and over again.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “You can find divine intervention wherever craft beers are sold.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “We’re trying to put our life’s body of work into these courses and it’s not necessary.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “Three to five minute videos; keep it short.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “Pretend that you’re in the shoes of the person that is trying to learn.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “Know your objective.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “Buying courses is a gamble.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “You’re selling trust.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
- “If you don’t sell your course it serves no one.” – Dr. Carrie Rose
Links to Mentions in This Podcast Episode:
- Think and Grow Rich: The Legacy movie premiere
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Online Course Success Summit
- Campfire Effect by Chris Smith
- Likert Scale
- Greg Hickman
- Jay Baer
- Ian Garlic
- Brad Martineau 6th Division
- S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- Jennifer Huyde
- Pat Flynn Smart Passive Income
- Ethos, Pathos, Logos
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂