5 Pitching Tips Leveraging Psychology & Copy with Meghan Alonso — Gemini birthday girls on the podcast today!
Meghan Alonso joins me today for the interview and she is a woman of many talents!
Salsa dancing on America’s Got Talent, former gymnast AND helped train U.S. Olympic pole-vaulters!
Along with that incredible resume, Meghan is also CEO of Imua Services, a speaker, podcaster and contributing author. So much knowledge to gain from our conversation! Don’t miss out!
IMUA–>Find out what it means in our interview 😉
A few exciting highlights include:
– How to win a Pitch Makeover!
– What makes a great pitch?! Or a bad one?
– 5 tips for a great pitch!
– CopyThatPops.com got a facelift! Check out the homepage!
– Keep sending messages with location shoutouts! Love hearing from you all! And here to the right are two people I shout out on this episode! 🙂
– Here is the video from our podcast recording!!!
Take Action Now!
1. Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best Selling Book now!
2. Long-time listeners of the show know that in November I wrote my first book in 30 days and hit #1 Amazon Best Seller!
So far this year, I’ve coached four others to do the same and built a course teaching all the steps to achieve it with no email list and $0 in ads.
One girl got a *real* book deal offer after wards, another got featured on the front page of a newspaper, and all of them are getting more attention and growth for their biz because of it!
Have you ever thought about writing your own?!?
Or know someone who should?
This will really help them: Amazon Best-Seller Course
**Save 57% off the regular price. Limited time. With link above.
Meghan Alonso is the CEO of Imua Services and they’re on a mission to motivate, equip, and lead 1 million startups and entrepreneurs to start innovating new medical products by the year 2020.
She’s a speaker, a podcaster, and contributing author with Shark Tank’s Kevin Harrington in his book, Put a Shark in Your Tank a book that hit #1 Amazon Best-Seller the day that it went live.
- “When you’re pitching you always want to present the problem and then your product is going to be the solution.” – Meghan Alonso
- “Present the problem and make it a dollar opportunity.” – Meghan Alonso
- “Investors are definitely looking for a return on their investment.” – Meghan Alonso
- “Don’t do death by power point.”– Meghan Alonso
- “Don’t overwhelm your slides.” – Meghan Alonso
- “All great information should be shared.” – Meghan Alonso
- “You never know where you are going to present or how the lightning will be in the room. You can flip your text with a black background and white text.” – Meghan Alonso
- “If the lighting is overexposed in the room, they won’t be able to see your presentation very well.” – Meghan Alonso
- “It really makes the copy pop.” – Meghan Alonso
- “When we present in front of investors, we are building their trust and giving them the confidence they need to invest in us.” – Meghan Alonso
- “Be up front and honest and present reasons why they should invest; and give reasons why they shouldn’t invest.”– Meghan Alonso
- “Do your homework on their previous deals and what deals they’ve invested in before and what their portfolio looks like.” – Meghan Alonso
- “We want to be prepared; we want to be professional in our pitch.”– Meghan Alonso
- “Keep your pitch slides short and anticipate questions.” – Meghan Alonso
- “They want to see the progress that you’ve done so far.”– Meghan Alonso
- “Don’t take the full allotted time to pitch.” – Meghan Alonso
- “Mimic the situation as close to real life as possible.” – Meghan Alonso
Links to Things Mentioned in This Podcast Episode:
- Put a Shark in Your Tank
- Ooh La La Dance in La Jolla
All Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂