Want to grow your brand or podcast?
In this episode, Michael O’Neal discusses using a podcast to grow your brand, the power of words when developing a podcast or business name, and the art of a great interview.
A few exciting highlights include:
- Branding exercises and learning styles [listen to hear which I am!]
- Advice for creating a clear and clever name for a podcast or business
- Crafting the best questions for podcast interviews
- The mistakes to avoid making in a podcast intro [95% of podcasters mess this up]
- When and how to ‘plug’ an interview guest
- Two questions to ask your interviewee that will help your podcast grow!
Take Action Now!
- Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best-Selling Book
- Check out Michael’s Art of the Interview course. Valuable for all entrepreneurs.
Michael O’Neal (@solohour) is a mid-westerner turned San Diego native who hosts a podcast called Proudly Unemployable – The Solopreneur Hour which hit iTunes top 10 in business within the first month of airing.
His aim for the podcast is to show the other unemployable people of the world the correct path to business success on their own terms.
Michael is a coveted public speaker and emcee with over 18 years of experience in branding, web design, and social media marketing consulting.
After a few brief stints working for other people, he found himself to be truly unemployable around 2005 and has been on the entrepreneurial track ever since. Michael knew that he no longer wanted to trade a dollar for an hour, so he went looking for something else.
A few fun facts about Michael:
- He’s interviewed Charles Barkley, Adam Carolla, James Altucher, Guy Fieri, Bret Michaels, Hines Ward, Jack Canfield, John Lee Dumas, and many other cool folks
- He was a sponsored BMX / Freestyle rider as a kid
- He’s a total watch nerd (with a collection that grows by the month)
Proudly Unemployable – The Solopreneur Hour (@solohour) is an audio podcast hosted by Michael O’Neal that “co-hosts with the best and brightest solopreneurs from all walks of life including network marketing, internet marketing, music, fitness, actors, comedians, and more.”
Guests are standouts in their industries and they’ve “zagged” while everyone else “zigged.”
The Solopreneur Hour shares practical steps and tools, including books, smartphone apps, websites, training courses, strategies, and stories that will support their audience every step of the way. They also offer podcast consulting, public/event speaking, social media training, network marketing, and private coaching.
The Solopreneur Hour also offers a subscription called Sololab which is a unique kind of mastermind. It has resources available 24/7 and is great for a killer network of motivated people and access to Michael’s sage insights via Google hangouts calls and a private Facebook group.
- “It’s one thing to get a crowd all hyped up, it’s another to make them silent. That’s when you know someone has a real command of a room.” – Michael O’Neal
- “When we think of a brand and how powerful a word is, it tells a story.” – Michael O’Neal
- “Define a narrative for the show, and then write questions based on that narrative.” – Michael O’Neal
- “It’s a rookie mistake not to eject from your questions.” – Michael O’Neal
- “How good are you at being a beginner?” – Michael O’Neal
- “Most people are really bad at podcasting.” – Michael O’Neal
Links to Things Mentioned in This Podcast Episode:
- My recently released book about Podcasting!
- The Solopreneur Hour
- The Solopreneur Hour Podcast
- The Kickass Life with David Wood
- Episode 500: Pat Flynn, Mike Johnston, Dr. Mark Costes, John Lee Dumas for the Most Epic Show Ever
- Episode 501: Running JVZoo to Running for Congress, with E. Brian Rose
- Zag: The #1 Strategy of High-Performance Brands – by Marty Neumeier
- Art of the Interview
- Podcasting Mastermind Accelerator Program – use code: PETERSEN for 10% off
Guest Company: The Solopreneur Hour
Host: Laura Petersen
All Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
Watch how to do it from your computer here!
You must be logged in to post a comment.