Have you ever wanted to interview the host of the podcast that you’re listening to?
In this unique episode, the tables are turned and I’m in the hot seat being interviewed by JC Preston of the Angles of Latitude Podcast. We discuss my time spent living abroad in Europe, psychology, how I got started in entrepreneurialism, and projects that I’m currently working on. Since I’m usually the one asking the questions, I hope that this episode will give you a little more insight about my background and the journey that’s brought me here.
A few exciting highlights include:
- Official announcement of Laura and Brandon T Adams joining forces to offer a Podcast Accelerator
- How my inspiration for travel and living abroad came to life
- Life lessons and takeaways learned through travel experiences
- My journey from real estate to teaching, to finally taking the leap into starting my own business
- Five hurdles that the Podcast Accelerator can help overcome for those interested in starting a podcast
- How did my inspiration for travel and living abroad come to life
Take Action Now!
- Text NETWORK to 44222 to get weekly, short, actionable copy tips!
- Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Grab my Amazon Best-Selling Book now!
JC Preston (@jc_preston) is a millennial teacher, coach, and self-proclaimed geek. He is a connector of people, ideas, and life, as well as a student of the always changing world of entrepreneurship. JC is the Founder and Lead Entrepreneurial Engineer of the company New Inceptions, where he helps creators and solopreneurs do meaningful work for themselves and their clients around the world through the internet as an online content director.
He also has a podcast called “Angles of Latitude,” where his goal is to feature guests who are living examples of what it means to do meaningful work, whether or not they have a dream job, or are living their passions by being a business owner. JC has major strengths in social media marketing, team building, leadership development, and public speaking.
JC also enjoys arts and culture, economic empowerment, science and technology, and spending time with his wife, Maria, living life like an adventure. JC’s personal philosophy is based on that popular phrase, “If you help others get what they want, you automatically get what you want,” so a lot of his free time is spent listening to the world around him and connecting new ideas and people with those he knows from his past.
New Inceptions (@newinceptions) is a company devoted to helping creators do work that they love, and live a charged life. The goal of New Inceptions is to help any individual who might need direction with developing themselves into the person they want to be with the future that they want for themselves.
Whether you’d like personal help finding your next gig, getting promoted, or building (or rebuilding) your online presence, New Inceptions can help. Since 2001, they’ve been involved in various projects in which building personal success, awareness, and community were central aspects of their client’s needs.
Some of their services include general consulting, technical know-how, digital marketing, and networking and working with like minds, helping entrepreneurs, experts, and artists organize their ideas and create a plan of action that aligns with their lifestyle. Their company will help you build a plan that will give you just the right amount of creative thinking, market positioning, branding, and other business basics to make it happen.
- “Traveling allows you to see that these false boundaries are not real, and it makes your life more rich.” – Laura Petersen
- “Just put yourself out there, try to give value before asking for things, and really build relationships because this is a marathon, not a sprint.” – Laura Petersen
- “Those who put themselves out there gain more credibility and scale their business beyond people who aren’t willing to step forward and be seen as a visible leader.” – Laura Petersen
- “Surround yourself with people who are going to make you better, push you in a good way, support you, encourage you, and give you honest feedback.” – Laura Petersen
- “Don’t be hard on yourself, it is a journey and a process. If it were easy, we’d all come out of the womb knowing this stuff.” – Laura Petersen
- “You’re going to have some pain, hurt, and challenges. But, it’s all contributing to your growth, even if it hurts right now.” – Laura Petersen
Links to Things Mentioned in This Podcast Episode:
- Copywriting for Podcasters – Amazon Best-Selling Book by Laura Petersen
- The 4 Hour Work Week – by Tim Ferris
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – by Robert Kiyosaki
- The Evolution of Desire – by David M. Buss
- Rapid List Building Course – Bryan Harris of Video Fruit
- Podcast Accelerator – Put in “Petersen” for a discount at check out!
- Creative Live – Course I mention is called Make More Money and Discover Your Worth with Sue Bryce & Tiffany Angeles
- Podcast Teachers – Teachers with a passion for podcasting
- Podtent Marketing – High-touch full-service podcast and content production
Host: JC Preston
Guest: Laura Petersen
All Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
Watch how to do it from your computer here!