In this episode, I talk with a 26-year-old small town kid with a speech impediment turned entrepreneur, inventor, podcaster, T.V. star, motivational keynote speaker, and the “King of Crowdfunding.”
To say Brandon T. Adams is impressive is an understatement. But he’s no match for my psychology skills as I get him to reveal stories from his past he has never yet shared in hundreds of interviews and T.V. appearances.
A few exciting highlights:
- How he introduces himself at a networking event
- Getting bullied in Elementary School
- How his goals as a kid drove him to become a better speaker
- Think and Grow Rich’s influence on him
- Self-fulfilling Prophecy
- Psychological study that gave people a stutter
- Going down memory lane to 10 years old and what Brandon learned way back then about Psychology and success
- What Brandon would sell door to door and how he got double the Halloween candy
- What he learned from his dad
- What accomplishments he is most proud of
- What NLP is and how it can be applied to business success
- How to do a successful crowdfunding campaign applying Psychology
Take Action Now!
1. Text NETWORK to 44222 to get weekly, short, actionable copy tips!
2. Copywriting for Podcasters? Yep! Book Launch Facebook Event Page – JOIN US!
3. Check out Brandon’s Accelerator (use “PETERSEN” for 10% off)
Brandon T. Adams (@brandontadams18) is the co-host and one of the executive producers of Ambitious Adventures, a reality television program focused on the compelling stories of young entrepreneurs. In addition to his television work, Brandon is an entrepreneur through and through, owning a stake in a number of businesses including the Young Entrepreneur Convention, Keys to the Crowd, Arctic Stick and an ice distributorship that serves three states.
Brandon’s fascination with entrepreneurialism has been present since birth and was stoked with his invention of Arctic Stick during his college years. Pushing that product through concept, design, manufacturing and funding clearly illustrated to him a need for a voice to aid young entrepreneurs in fulfilling their dreams. That path has led him to where he is today.
As founder and host of the University of Young Entrepreneurs (now “Live to Grind”) podcast, a twice-weekly program that shines the light on successful entrepreneurs, Brandon regularly delivers his unique brand of passionate motivation in his quest to impact 1 billion lives by the time he reaches 40 years old. His work on the University of Young Entrepreneurs (now “Live to Grind”) podcast inspired him to join with a group of other young, motivated professionals to form the Young Entrepreneur Convention. In its first year, the event drew nearly 500 attendees and featured speakers including Kevin Harrington of TV’s “Shark Tank,” and Priceline.com founder Jeff Hoffman.
Brandon has also earned the moniker of “King of Crowdfunding” for his work in establishing his business Keys to the Crowd, a firm that consults with clients launching products and services on crowdfunding platforms. Brandon and his Keys to the Crowd team have worked with high profile clients like Harrington, John Lee Dumas and others to gain funding using the emerging method of crowdfunding.
Brandon is a regular on the motivational speaking circuit and in his (very limited!) free time, he is a fitness junkie and loves spending time in his hometown in Northeast Iowa hunting, fishing, and boating.
Other fun notables:
- Went on a Shark Tank casting call and pitched to the line, which led to being on U.S.A. Today.
- His podcast made Top 15 of Business Most Influential Podcasts.
- Was put on the cover of Inventor’s Digest.
- John Lee Dumas kickstart campaign earned $100,000 in 33 hours and ended with nearly $500,000 in 33 days.
- Threw the Young Entrepreneur Convention in Des Moines, Iowa, which was the biggest event there ever including Kevin Harrington and John Less Dumas.
Things Mentioned in This Podcast Episdode:
- Book Launch Facebook Event Page – JOIN US!
- Lewis Howes
- James Altucher
- Brandon’s Accelerator (use “Petersen” for 10% off)
- Forbes Riley interview
- Ambitious Adventures
- Arctic Stick
- Think and Grow Rich
- Jack Canfield
- EOFire.com – John Lee Dumas → campaign on Kickstarter comes out in January 2017
- Think Campaign: on track to be biggest campaign for a Docudrama in history
- “You can turn your weakness into your strength.”
- “I’m going to become a billionaire by 40 and impact a billion lives.”
- “I have a great mindset… to push myself every day.”
- “I always said I would be on the back of Think and Grow Rich….but now I’m in the film that is going to be one of the biggest self-development films in history!”
- “When you know what you want. And when you say what you want. And you know you you’re not going to stop until you get it, it’s going to happen.”
- “I know I’m going to get where I’m going. I just know.”
- “Just work your ass off until you get it.”
- “We need to turn this into a book!”
- “Whatever I offer somebody, they are going to get 10 times that amount or their money back.”
- “If you can tell a great story, you can sell. You can move people.”
- “In your first 7 seconds you have to grab someone’s attention.”
- “Become a great storyteller and you can do anything.”
- “I shared some stuff on the show, I’ve never shared before.”
- “We all have a gift…become the best at it.”
- “Snapchat and Facebook Live are by far my favorite social media platforms to be on right now.”
Guest: Brandon T. Adams = Snapchat @btadams18
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂
Watch how to do it from your computer here!