In this episode I sit down with Jessi Honard from Owl Eyes Creative to talk about copywriting, business personas, and how to craft a story that gets attention.
- How Jessi introduces herself at networking events [5:31]
- Her top ‘golden nuggets’ for writing better copy [6:17]
- Why reading is the key to better writing [7:11]
- The key to a great story for entrepreneurs [8:20]
- The companies Jessi thinks do a great job of sharing their story [10:27]
- How Jessi ties everything back to her background in education [15:42]
- Jessi’s approach to taking existing copy to the next level [19:25]
- Jessi’s advice on creating lead magnets [21:33]
- Her best advice for a brand new entrepreneur learning copywriting [23:54]
- Her advice for established entrepreneurs trying to improve [25:12]
Take Action Now!
1. Text NETWORK to 44222 to join our newsletter where you get weekly, short, actionable copy tips!
2. Take the Copywriting Character Quiz
3. Have your question featured on a future show! Below:
- Copywriting Character Quiz
- Four Hour Work Week
- Copy That Pops Podcast Archives
- Dove – Real Beauty
- Nike – Campaign for Women
- Kimra Luna – Website
- Screw the Nine to Five
- The Hero and the Outlaw – Book
- Better Writing, Bigger Results
Jessi Honard (@jessicahonard) is a storyteller, author, teacher, and word nerd. She is a former high school English teacher turned entrepreneur who now helps business owners tell their story in a compelling way that results in business growth.
Owl Eyes Creative is a writing and editing firm that specializes in custom content creation. They excel at business writing, creative writing, ghostwriting, fundraising, targeted marketing campaigns, and web content creation.
The STEADY Formula:
- Strategic | Is it a single solution for a single problem?
- Targeted | Do you know your audience?
- Educational | Does it empower your audience?
- Actionable | Can the audience use it immediately?
- Digestible | Can your audience consume it?
- Your Own | Is it unique to your brand and personality?
“You’re never going to get better if you don’t practice.” – Jessi Honard
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂 xx