In this special on-location episode, we talk all about being a digital nomad and I sit down with Marcus Meurer to get his insider experience as one of the leaders of the growing Digital Nomad Movement. All from a small island in Greece!
- What DNX is and what he is trying to do for entrepreneurs [3:30]
- Where he is originally from [3:57]
- His first job in the marketing field [4:55]
- How he got involved in a startup that was acquired by Google [6:58]
- What inspired him to become an entrepreneur [10:15]
- The origin story behind DNX [15:10]
- What DNX stands for [22:30]
- How to build a community and audience in a new space [27:39]
- His favorite “life hackz” for entrepreneurs [35:20]
- His personal morning routine [36:00]
Here’s a big group picture from the DNX Camp group in Lemnos, Greece June 16-25, 2016 where we met and recorded the interview:
And here is the “luxury tent” I mention in the podcast! 🙂
Take Action Now!
1. Text NETWORK to 44222 to join our newsletter where you get weekly, short, actionable copy tips!
2. Have your question featured on a future show! Below:
- Map of Germany (to see where the cities are that Marcus mentions)
- Travelicia (most popular travel blog in all of Germany)
- Betahaus (one of the first Coworking spaces in Germany and worldwide – they also co-hosted this camp and I got to meet the founder Christoph Fahle)
- Copass (the other co-host of the camp, 500+ workspaces around the world – one pass, founded by Eric Van Den Broek and Sophie Ozdzinski)
- Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- 5-Minute Journal
- Oil Pulling
- Eat the Frog
Marcus Meurer (@marcusmeurer95) is an Entrepreneur and Digital Nomad at heart.
He spends his time creating awesome stuff as an entrepreneur, traveling the world, making money, working out at the beach, and practicing martial arts. He is the founder of DNX Camp and the host of the ‘Life Hackz‘ podcast.
DNX (@dnxglobal) was founded by Marcus and his long-time girlfriend and fellow digital nomad Feli Hargarten.
It connects & supports digital nomads and online entrepreneurs through events and online platforms. Their vision is that more and more people live their life free and self-determined, connect with like-minded people, share their knowledge, and grow their businesses.
Marcus and Feli became self-employed in 2012 to travel the world. Since then they live and work completely location independent as Digital Nomads. In the beginning of 2014, they organized the first DNX event and continued to grow and internationalize the DNX projects.
- DNX – Digitale Nomad Conference wanders around the world
- DNX CAMPS – coliving and coworking for Digital Nomads take place in the most beautiful spots in the world like the tropical islands of Ko Lanta, Thailand and Bali. [Coming up: Lisbon, Tarifa, Santa Cruz, Mexico, and Brazil.]
Guest: Marcus Meurer
Life Hackz Podcast
Host: Laura Petersen
All Podcast Episodes:
You must be logged in to post a comment.