Another — by popular request — second-round interview with a past guest who is an expert in psychology, copywriting, and even book writing and book self-publishing too! Brian Ahearn applies proven science and psychological research to be more successful in business and in life.
Listen to this action-packed episode if you want tangible tips and fascinating stories that illustrate the power psychology has to influence people.
A Few Highlights from This Podcast:
– 147: Psychology of Persuasion for Entrepreneurs with Brian Ahearn copythatpops.com/147
– Savvy advice for people on introducing themselves at networking events
– A full overview of the 7 principles from Cialdini’s books
– Specific email wording examples to improve compliance with requests
– The ‘personalize i’ + ‘ask a question instead of giving a command’
– The ‘does this answer your question?’ closing — so savvy!
– Engage the principle of consistency and ask instead of tell
– How Brian helped get $700,000 back using the power of psychology
– How to get more volunteers for a charity event
– Want more on Dr. Cialdini’s work? Check out Influence and Pre-Suasion
– New book out: Influence PEOPLE: Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical
– PEOPLE: Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical
– We talk about Brian’s new book, when he started writing it, and lessons learned to make it finally come to life
– Remember to check out my Bestselling Book Accelerator when you are ready for more help at CopyThatPops.com/accelerator
– And free resources can be found at CopyThatPops.com/free
– Apply psychology to be more effective and ethically persuasive in our writing and communication…in business…at home…on social media…with kids…and more!
– Persuasion vs. manipulation
– Applying psychology in business, at home, in social media, and more
– Business case studies like J.C. Penney and the pricing lesson they learned (Does it REALLY matter to price something $497 versus $500?)
– How did Bernie Madoff scam so many people?
– How to change behavior, not just people’s thinking, to be more effective with sales in your business
– Tips for persuasion in social media, email copy, and ending a piece of communication after you’ve helped someone
– Brian’s best advice for someone writing and self-publishing a book
– Shout out to Kwame Christain of the Negotiate Anything Podcast. Listen to our conversation here at copythatpops.com/105
– Voice Dream app! (have any text read to you!)
Brian Ahearn is the Chief Influence Officer at Influence PEOPLE.
A dynamic international keynote speaker, trainer, coach and consultant, Brian specializes in applying the science of influence and persuasion in everyday situations. He is one of only 20 individuals in the world who currently holds the Cialdini Method Certified Trainer® designation.
This specialization in the psychology of persuasion was earned directly from Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D. – the most cited living social psychologist in the world on the science of ethical persuasion. Brian is one of only a handful of people certified to lead the Moment Maker Workshop, which is based on Robert Cialdini’s New York Times best-selling book Pre-suasion.
Brian just came out with his first book – Influence PEOPLE: Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical.
- “People love sales.” – Brian Ahearn
- “People love the feeling of getting a bargain.” – Brian Ahearn
- “Numbers ending in 7s and 9s tend to sell a lot more.” – Brian Ahearn
- “Especially in sales, asking the right questions early on really helps [get behavior change].” – Brian Ahearn
- “This is not manipulating somebody into a ‘yes’ position.” – Brian Ahearn
- “People will naturally stay in the pattern they’re already in unless we do something to break that.” – Brian Ahearn
- “People are more motivated to avoid loss than to gain something.” – Brian Ahearn
Take Action Now!
- Amazon Bestselling Book Workshop + Resources [free]
- Bestselling Book Accelerator [best option to get your book done, live, and #1!]
- Speaker’s Secret Gig List [get more speaking gigs]
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found! 💕
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂