Although my podcast Copy That Pops is geared toward entrepreneurs, coaches, consultants, and other business owners who want to do better online with their business by harnessing the power of the written word (and applying psychology while they’re at it!), many people ask me how to make money as a freelance writer.
Questions About Getting Paid to Write:
- How can I get started making money online as a writer?
- Is it even possible to make some money on the side with writing as I grow other businesses?
- Who do you know who has made great money and stayed at home with their kids (as a writer!)
- How can I become a well-paid ghostwriter?
So, for a quick copy tip in this short podcast episode — that I recorded as Baby Evren takes a power nap — I wanted to share a resource for making money with writing that I just learned about recently. In other words, how to get paid to write blog articles.
Money Pantry is a great spot that aggregates places willing to pay per blog article or per word that looks really promising.
Step 1: Go to MoneyPantry.com
Step 2: In the search bar, type in “Get Paid to Write”
Step 3: When you do that, a few blog articles will show up, but the one that caught my eye is titled: “Get Paid to Write: 101 Sites That Pay You $50-$3000 per Blog Post” – click on that one to get started.
Step 4: Scroll through the industries and content types that places are looking for and dive deeper into the ones that work for you.
A few topics:
– vacation and travel
– inspirational true stories
– short stories
– politics, news, entertainment
– business & money
Step 5: Write and earn money!
You could also hire someone for a lower rate on Upwork.com and make money in splitting the difference. For example, say you pay someone $100 to write an article that you make $350 for. You keep $250 for project managing and reviewing the article. Not bad!
Ping me on social media @LaptopLaura (that’s my handle on FB, TW, IG, and TT) if you try this or find this episode helpful!
Make sure you’re subscribed to the show on your podcast player so you never miss a way to write copy that pops!
PS: For an in-depth guide on making money as a ghostwriter <– check out this new post!
Take Action Now on Your Bestselling Book!
- TRAINING on hitting Amazon bestseller [free]
- COMMUNITY of new and growing nonfiction authors! [free]
- WORK WITH ME [not free 😉 — but tell me more about you first when you click the link]
All Copy That Pops Podcast Episodes:
Please Help Me Grow and Be Found!
If you like the show, please leave me a short review on iTunes! It will help it get found by others too. 🙂